C.B.H.T. Training is a 30-hour class that provides individuals with an entry-level behavioral health technician certification. This certification is available to those wanting to or already working in the substance abuse and mental health fields. Those who complete the course will be qualified to assist counselors and therapists in various addiction and mental health programs including residential treatment, outpatient services, and community organized events. This class is offered online.
Requirement: Florida CBHT applicants must complete and document a minimum of 30 hours of training as follows:
1. Clinical Competence: 8 hours
2. Maintaining Client and Personal Safety: 4 hours
3. Documentation and Patient Confidentiality: 4 hours
4. Ethical and Professional Responsibilities: 4 hours
5. Electives (any domain): 10 hours